Monday, September 24, 2012

fall decorating: one at a time

I love fall. No, seriously. Best season ever.

But how in the world does a crafty girl decorate a studio apartment for fall without buying any more stuff or overwhelming her husband (and herself) with so many things just "sitting around not picked up"?

By gathering ideas and working one step at a time.

Last week, I decided I simply must have some fall decor in my teensy apartment.  I don't care if it means I have to rotate my knicknacks or dust more frequently.

So, after checking out some adorable and easy ideas in BHG, I knew the perfect place to start.

Like every girl obsessed with mason jars, I've made my own beeswax candles in mason jars.  (We'll save the details on creating these candles for another post.)  I took leftover orange scrapbook/craft paper, cut it in half, cut out pumpkin faces, and taped it into a cylinder just large enough to fit around the candle with a little breathing room.



Easy peasy.  And it's one tiny bit of halloween decoration.  Since we have such a small apartment, there's no way we could do real pumpkins this year. But these cute little candles are enough for me for this year!


1 comment:

  1. How I wish i have fall in my country.. In my country its always summer. Btw the pumpkin decoration. Is cute!

    ReplyDelete