Thursday, January 17, 2013

About blogs

Hi blog readers!! (picture me waving here) Long time no see! Sorry about that. The holidays were crazy, I was felled by the flu.from.hell. (Seriously kids, get your flu shots, this thing is terrible) and I was not feeling terribly creative. But. The blog drought ends today!

Blogs are great.

And then your in-laws find them.

Thhehehee. But seriously kids.

So remember that earlier post 20 things about my husband and me? Remember how I wrote  "Large families freak me out.
   --- This wouldn't be an issue, except for the fact that my husband has a large extended family. Most of whom I'm meeting for the first time in oh...18 days. Yeah. Super fun. And when I say freak out, I mean my panic attacks trigger and you're liable to find me with my head between my knees taking deep breaths.*    ".

Well, my in-laws found this post, read it, and passed it around the family...before I'd met them.

Yeah. That was a fun moment of my face matching my hair (Rick, I'm looking at you!)

So I did what any self-respecting red head would do. Took a big gulp of wine and rolled with it. Because at that point, there's really not a whole lot else you can do.

As a side note: My in-laws are thoroughly delightful people who made me feel very welcome. And no, I'm not just saying that because there's a good chance they're reading this. We ate good food, drank good wine and laughed a lot. Which really, is the best kind of family gathering in my opinion.

Moral of this rambly story? While it's great to be honest on blogs, be sure that you're ok with anyone--family, friends or strangers--reading it and talking to you about it later.

Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment